Victims of Human Trafficking
At AmeriWide, we are committed to working with victims of human trafficking and complies with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) rule to assist those who are victims of human trafficking.
If you are a victim of human trafficking you can request that specific adverse items not be reported as part of your background check. The steps of the process are outlined below:
Provide Proof of your Identity by one of the two methods listed below.
- Provide your full name (First, Middle, Last) along with any previously used names/aliases, Your Social Security Number and/or your date of birth
- Provide Copies of government issued identification documents, utility bills, and/or other methods of your identity, you may be asked questions to which you may be expected to know the answer to confirm your identity.
Provide an acceptable Victim Determination statement, which is a document that contains a determination of human trafficking, made by either:
- A Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity.
- A non-governmental member of a human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities and authorized by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity.
- A self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of human trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
Provide the specific items of information in your background check (consumer report) that you believe should not be furnished by a consumer reporting agency because the items are a result of human trafficking.
Indicate to us your preferred method of communication regarding this matter.
- Electronically (Include an e-mail address or Fax #.)
- In Writing (Include a valid mailing address.)
Send the information to us.
The information can be sent to us using any of the following methods:
Fax: (972) 528-5233
4851 Keller Springs Rd.
Addison, TX 75001
Once we receive your information, AmeriWide will block the information within four days of receiving your request. We will notify you within five days if we need any additional information in order to complete your request.
AmeriWide has 25 days to make a final determination on your request. You will be notified within five days of our final determination to either continue to block the information or to remove the block.
If you have questions regarding this process or wish to check the current status, you can contact us via phone: (972) 559-3969 or (888) 346-1041
Or Via E-mail : Applicant@Awscreeners.com