At AmeriWide, we strive to bring Technology, Customer Service, and a Fresh Perspective to Background Screening. We will take the time to explain our services. We believe an educated customer is a customer we’ll keep. We believe that quality background screening services don’t have to be expensive. As a result, we have some of the most aggressive pricing in our market.
Pre-Employment Criminal Background Checks.
Our Pre-Employment background checks are customized for each client. These checks start with Identity development, which we use to determine and validate residency history for the subject. That information aids our investigation and allows us to focus our research. We use a national criminal database search, sex offender registry, terrorist, and other, watch lists, in conjunction with the all important County Criminal Records search. With these core components, we add any additional searches based on the specific needs of each of our clients. These can include federal and state criminal searches and sanctions lists, among others. All of our reports are reviewed by a licensed investigator.
We provide you with MVRs for both your DOT and Non-DOT needs. Most reports are returned instantly. Driving records, when used in compliance with the federal FCRA regulations and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), help employers avoid unnecessary risk associated with vehicular accidents involving their employees whose job function depends on driving for the company.
We have access to both Quest's and LabCorp’s nationwide networks of labs and collections sites in addition to an extensive network of independent labs and collection facilities. We also have mobile collection capabilities. We can assist you with both DOT and Non-DOT testing; can help you manage random testing programs; pre-employment drug testing; and, any post-accident and reasonable suspicion testing. With our advanced technology platform, say "goodbye" to the old chain-of-custody forms. The entire process is handled in a secure online platform that is mobile-device friendly.
Employment, Education and License Verification
We give you peace of mind when it comes to validating your employees' and applicants' education, work experience, credentials and licensing. From accounting to medicine to skilled trades, our experts navigate the web of state and federal resources to validate, verify, and check both licensing and sanctions lists. We can also verify international employment and education.
We can help you protect your property and income stream with our comprehensive tenant screening solutions. Our technology makes it simple and easy. Our Platform integrates with many Property Management Systems for an even more seamless delivery. We can establish a cost effective tenant screening program for you. Our solutions can also enable your prospective tenants to pay for the screening directly.
We have solutions that allow you to qualify prospective vendors, independent contractors, contingent workers, clients, and others to minimize potential losses from vendor-related fraud. Our vendor screening starts with a criminal background check but can also include drug testing, employment, education and license verification, bankruptcy history and driving records.
Our Volunteer background checks are customized for each client and their organization's specific needs. Similar to our pre-employment background checks, these checks start with identity development; we determine and validate residency history for the subject, and use that information to focus our research. We also use a national criminal DB database search, sex offender registry, terrorist and other watch lists, in conjunction with the all important County Criminal Records search. With these core components, we add any additional searches based on the specific needs of each of our clients. These can include federal and state criminal searches and sanctions lists, among others. All of our reports are reviewed by a licensed investigator.
Electronic Form I-9 and E-Verify Services
As an E-Verify Employer Agent we have Form I-9 and E-Verify technology solutions that can save you time and money while you keeping you compliant. Our services include E-Verify, Electronic Form I-9 as well as electronic storage and management of your I-9s. We can even help migrate you from your current provider.
Why is background screening important?
- Nearly 1/3 of all business failures is due to employee theft or embezzlement.
- Typical organizations loose 5% of their annual revenue to fraud.
- Every year, 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence.
- Approx. 2/3 of release prisoners are arrested for a new crime within 3 years.
Why screen tenants?
- 2,654 individuals are entering the rental market every day.
- Eviction-related expenses average $3,500 and can reach as high as $10,000.
- In 2015, an estimated 2.7 million Americans faced eviction
- 40% of all tenants spend more than half of their income on rent.
Why do I need someone’s driving records?
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires that Motor Truck Carriers review their drivers MVR’s on an annual basis.
- Commercial Auto insurance coverage has increased by 25% since 2012.
- In 2015, there were 476,000 accidents in the U.S. which involved a large truck or bus.
- The DOT requires pre-employment and annual drug screening for Motor Truck Carrier drivers.
Screen volunteers, really?
- Volunteers have the same legal exposure as employees for your organization.
- In 2015, over 62 million people in the U.S. volunteered.
- There are nearly 750,000 registered sex offenders in the U.S.
- From 2009 through 2013, approximately 63,000 children a year were victims of sexual abuse.
- Elder abuse, including neglect and exploitation, is experienced by 1 out of every 10 people, ages 60 and older, who live at home.